About Us Who is the Chamber of Commerce?
The South Kitsap Chamber of Commerce is governed by a group of dedicated business men and women striving to help local businesses and the South Kitsap community reach it’s full potential.
Our mission is simple:
Promoting business and Encouraging Community
Business and community advocacy
Provide educational resources to businesses, the community, government officials, and regulatory bodies
Clarify business’ understanding of current business climates and issue identification
Remain a source of referrals to local businesses and a platform for business-to-business opportunities
The South Kitsap Chamber of Commerce (SKCOC) has been supporting local business in the community since 1890. Originally known as the Sidney Commerce Booster Club, the Chamber has maintained a strong legacy of enhancing and strengthening business since its humble beginnings.
We are a private, non-profit, membership-driven organization comprised of 340 business enterprises, civic organizations, education institutions and individuals.
The SKCOC is represented by an elected 15 member Board of Directors. We work for and with our business community by partnering with local businesses, professionals, city and county government, community groups, and the military. Through cooperative partnerships we proactively promote and encourage healthy business growth, foster leadership and professional development, and are dedicated to promoting businesses and community efforts that enhance Port Orchard and the South Kitsap Region.
What We Do
To ensure a business-friendly climate in South Kitsap, the Chamber provides a variety of programs, services, and beneﬁts designed to increase its members’ exposure with networking and business to business opportunities. In addition, we work to provide a voice for businesses in our local government to help them grow and thrive, and through communications keep members informed about local community, regional, business, legislative, and Chamber activity.
Meet the Board
• Executive Director of the South Kitsap Helpline
• Serves as current, as well as past, president and vice president of the Kitsap County Food Bank Coalition
• Serves as current treasurer and is previous board member for the Washington Food Coalition representing Kitsap, Mason, Jefferson and Clallam counties
• A strong advocate dedicated to fighting against hunger and poverty in our community and beyond
• Port orchard resident for more than 20 years
• Owner/Operator of Port Orchard Grocery Outlet
•Born and Raised Washingtonian
• Active Community Member and Supporter
• Working to Eliminate Hunger Issues in our Community
• Owner of Excel Business Systems, Inc.
• Past President and Member of the South Kitsap Rotary Club
• Port Orchard Planning Commissioner
• Chamber member since 2013
• Active community supporter
• 40 year Port Orchard resident
• Owner of Irene’s Photo and Design
• Chamber Member since 2016
• Vice President Port Orchard Bay Street Association
• Member of the Port Orchard Rotary
• Active Community Supporter
• Life long Port Orchard Resident
• PSNS Employee from 1982 – 2000
• Local Port Orchard Business Owner Talk’s Cheap Wireless (Cell Phone Store) 1998 – Present West Sound Promotions (Marketing Agency) 2012 – Present
• Community involvement: Concerts by the Bay, National Night Out, Face 2 Face Networking, Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce.
• Stafford Healthcare at Ridgemont since 1990
• Graduated from South Kitsap High School in 1984
• Stared off as a NAC in the SNF
• Promoted to Senior Apartment Manager in 2015
• General Manager at Port Orchard Ford
• POPD Strategic Advisory Committee
• Over 25 years living in Port Orchard
• Active community member and supporter
• South Kitsap High School Alum ‘97
• Farmers Insurance Agent/Thompson Agency
• Vice President of Kitsap Business Leaders
• Member of South Kitsap Rotary
• Board Member of Kitsap Pride
• Owner of Whiskey Gulch
• Long time Port Orchard Resident
• Active community supporter, sponsor, volunteer.
• Advisor with Kitsap Young Professionals
- Lifelong Port Orchard Resident – SKHS Class of 2009
- Worked for Dawn M Jake CPA PLLC for 6 years
- Member of The Guam Club of Bremerton & Vicinities
Meet the Staff
We’re a group of passionate people helping you to grow your business.
Matt is a fourth generation South Kitsap resident, and has a long history of working with small businesses. He hopes to continue taking steps to make the Chamber a resource for local businesses by providing them training and offering other support to help them increase their sales and improve their profits. Matt looks forward to working in the community to make it a better place to live and do business. After graduating from Gonzaga, Matt returned to his hometown of Port Orchard, with his wife Linda. Together, they are active in the Fathoms O’Fun organization and the Chamber of Commerce.
Jaclyn grew up in Enumclaw, temporarily settled down in Ravensdale, and finally moved to Port Orchard to raise her children. You can say that “small town life” is what appeals to her ideal lifestyle. Jaclyn comes from a long background of office management in a wide range of industries. Also a small business owner, she is an advocate in the shop small and shop local movements.