The Puget Sound Regional Council is responsible for developing policies and coordinating decisions about regional growth, transportation, and economic development planning in Kitsap, King, Snohomish, and Pierce Counties. They have a huge library of data and resources.
They are the big player in planning and development around Puget Sound. The resources available to them and to us, the business community, is staggering. I would love to offer a quick summary of the information available, but I hardly know where to start. The PSRC Data and resources page is a huge accordion file that unfolds and then unfolds some more divulging an endless sea of data points, studies, maps, and other resources.
Here is a quick (partial) rundown:
- PSRC data products and tools include the following menu items:
- Building Permits
- Census/American Community Survey
- COVID-19 Mobility Survey
- Displacement Risk Mapping
- Environmental Justice
- Equivalency Tables
- Forecast (Regional)
- GIS & Shapefiles
- Growth Projections (Land Use Vision)
- Income-Restricted Housing Database
- Open Space
- Opportunity Mapping
- Puget Sound Trends
- Regional Data Profile
- Transportation Improvement Program Webmap
- Travel Model, Activity-Based (SoundCast)
- Travel Model, Trip-Based (4k)
- Travel Survey
- UrbanSim (Land Use Model)
Below that is a section of Datasets by Topic:
- People and Land
- GIS and Maps
- Models and Tools
In addition to all this, the left sidebar contains even more information.
If you looking to grow your business or start a new one, you may want to check out some of the resources available to you here, for free.
Visit the PSRC Data and Resources Page.